- North Carolina Legislative Tracker
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Commissioners
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Planning & Zoning
- Contact Us
The Town of Enfield Police Department is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our citizens through professionally supported and trained police offers. Officers strive to provide an environment that will allow citizens to live and work in a safe and secure community.
If you are witnessing a crime in progress or are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We, the members of the Enfield Police Department, are committed to providing the highest level of police service. We will improve the quality of life in the community by building partnerships that reduce crime, maintain order, and create a safe environment while upholding the laws of North Carolina and the United States Constitution. We adhere to the principles of integrity, professionalism, respect, and fairness.
Chief Tyree Davis
Chief of Police since December 2015.
Prior to starting his law enforcement career in 2003, Chief Davis was a manager at Lowes Home Improvement Store. Since embarking upon a career in law enforcement, he has been promoted and held several supervisory and management positions. Serving as a corporal, drug agent, detective sergeant in criminal investigations, and captain has thoroughly prepared him for his current position as the Chief of Police at Enfield Police Department.
Educational and professional accomplishments:
- Diploma in Computer Technology – ECPI Institute of Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice – Kaplan University
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration – Capella University
- Master Certificate in Business Management
- Senior Level Management Training, Law Enforcement Management Institute
- Certified Customer Service Specialist
- A+ Certified Professional
- 2018 and 2019 Departmental Community Police Officer of the Year
- Certified Criminal Justice Instructor
- Advanced Law Enforcement Certification – NC Sheriff’s Training and Standards*
- Advanced Law Enforcement Certification – NC Criminal Justice Training & Standards*
- Recognized as an “Elite” Law Enforcement Officer for the State of North Carolina by the former Attorney General
- In 2019 Honored by WIOA Student Incentive/Operation Restart as a Local Hero
*Highest certifications an officer can obtain based on training, education, and experience.
Civic or other community organizations: Police Benevolent Association PBA, Roanoke Valley SCLC, Town of Enfield Safety Board, CADA Board of Directors, Halifax County 911 Board, LGFCU Advisory Council, Enfield Peanut Festival Board, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE), NC Police Chiefs Association, International Police Chiefs Association, Liaison with the Halifax County Crime Stoppers, and a member of Alpha Beta Kappa National Honors Society.
Chief Davis has also partnered with local schools, the public library, motorcycle clubs, civic groups, local churches, and private citizens to have a positive impact and foster relationships with youth and the community. Not only have these efforts served Enfield, but also the neighboring communities in Hollister, Medoc, Ringwood, Tillery, Scotland Neck, and Hobgood areas as well.
For more information about Chief Tyree Davis and the Enfield Police Department, please check out their Facebook page by clicking here...